Stacey Crawshaw-Lewis practices municipal finance and general municipal law. She has completed tax-exempt (governmental and private activity) and taxable financings for a large number of state and municipal entities, including ports, cities, counties, universities, public utility districts, fire districts, public facilities districts, public development authorities, and others. Stacey has an additional focus on hedge transactions, advising public and private clients in ISDA contract negotiations.
Stacey is a frequent speaker and author, on topics ranging from securities law developments to tax increment financing to “municipal bonds 101.” Stacey has served on the steering committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers Bond Attorneys Workshop and on NABL’s Board Nominating Committee.
Stacey is active in the community, from her service as an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer at Central Youth & Family Services, as past chair of the Make-a-Wish Foundation of Alaska and Washington, and coaching youth soccer. She provides volunteer service to Forterra, the Seattle Parks Foundation and other community organizations.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law (1997) with high honors, Order of the Coif, Managing Editor Washington Law Review, Judge Lawless Award
- B.A., Brown University (1989) magna cum laude
- Attended London School of Economics, 1987-88
- 2012 Washington Super Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 in the field of Public Finance Law (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Selected as a leading lawyer in the Puget Sound region for 2012, as determined by her peers (Seattle Business Magazine)