Marni Wright counsels landlords and tenants in all aspects of office, industrial, and retail lease negotiations, including complex transactions such as data centers, and distribution facilities in excess of 1,000,000 square feet.
Marni Wright counsels landlords and tenants in all aspects of office, industrial, and retail lease negotiations, including complex transactions such as data centers, and distribution facilities in excess of 1,000,000 square feet. She also represents borrowers, developers, and property owners in managing, acquiring, or disposing of commercial and public properties. Her practice includes drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, licenses, covenant agreements, and private and public easements, including conservation easements.
Marni has served on the boards of two different non-profit organizations that develop, own, and manage affordable rental units serving low-income families and individuals in King County.
- Connecticut College, B.A., Environmental Studies
- University of Washington School of Architecture and Urban Design, M.U.P.
- University of Washington, J.D. (Washington Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor)
- Selected for Washington Super Lawyers, 2013-2018, 2020
- Selected for Washington Rising Stars, 2004-2012
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Real Estate Law (Copyright by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2017-2021
- Commercial Leases: Barrier or Boon, Housing Washington Conference, Tacoma, October, 2010
- Green Leasing: What, Why & How to “Green” a Lease, Commercial Real Estate Leases, Law Seminars International (LSI), Seattle, December, 2009
- Green Leasing: What, Why & How to “Green” a Lease, Commercial Real Estate Leases, Real Estate Boot Camp, WSBA, Seattle, August, 2009
- New Developments in Landlord/Tenant Relationships: Case Law Update from Washington and Insights from other States, Advanced Commercial Real Estate Leases, LSI, Seattle, December, 2008
- Ethics and Professionalism: Lessons from our State Supreme Court, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Section Midyear, WSBA, Spokane, June, 2007
- “Protecting the Tax-Exempt Status of Housing Developers Participating in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Partnerships,” The Monthly Digest of Tax Articles, May, 2001
- Washington Chapter, State-by-State Guide to Commercial Real Estate Leases, Mark A. Senn ed. (Aspen Publishers 2d ed. 2006)
- Bellwether Housing, Board Member, 2011-2019
- Kidspace Childcare Center, Board Member, 2011-2013
- Imagine Housing, Board Member, 2002-2010
- Fellows of the American Bar Association
- Committee on Community Economic Development, Chair, American Bar Association, Business Law Section, August, 2005-August, 2008
- CREW Northwest, Member
- MAMAS, Member
- Represent various institutional and private landlords in lease negotiations and lease disputes for office and industrial properties across the country
- Represent Seattle-based technology and telecommunications companies in the negotiation of leases for office and industrial spaces across the country
- Represent Seattle-based retailer in negotiation of distribution facilities in Washington State and across the country
- Negotiated a 2.9 acre shopping center lease with a national retailer
- Advised city in a real property exchange, negotiated a short-term ground lease, and drafted easement agreements as part of an acquisition under threat of eminent domain
- Represented nationwide developer in the acquisition and disposition of apartment buildings
- Counseled municipality in purchase of 15 adjoining properties in lieu of condemnation and negotiated month-to-month leases with existing tenants
- Represented housing authority in acquisitions of apartment buildings and multi-family housing developments