With an extensive background as a teacher and educator, Rachelle Stefanski’s legal practice focuses on special education and general counsel matters for school districts.
Rachelle Stefanski’s practice focuses on special education and general counsel matters for school districts. She has experience in drafting and arguing motions, arbitration hearings, and mediation.
Prior to joining Pacifica, Rachelle was an associate for a national firm, practicing in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, defense of long-term care providers, and professional liability. During law school, she interned with the Washington State Office of the Attorney General Social and Health Services Division and externed with the Seattle City Attorney’s Office Criminal Division. Additionally, she externed with Seattle Public Schools – General Counsel’s Office, working on District policies and procedures.
Rachelle is a former Montessori Teacher and Assistant Director of a local Montessori school, where she developed curricula, provided staff training, completed annual accreditation reports, and communicated with parents. She was also faculty of an American Montessori Society Montessori Teacher Education Program, instructing Montessori early childhood teacher candidates, and she was a Washington State Approved Continuing Education Teacher, developing and presenting continuing education workshops to teachers.
Rachelle enjoys powerlifting, knitting, reading, and spending time with her family, friends, and cats.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Elmhurst College, B.A., English
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D.
- Seattle University School of Law Pro Bono Pledge Outstanding Service Awardee
- QLaw Foundation LGBTQ+ Legal Clinic Volunteer (2018 to Present)
- Public Law Library of King County Civil Procedure Video Project Volunteer (2019)
- Brookhaven Home Owner’s Association Board Member (2013 to 2016)
- American Montessori Society
- Pacific Northwest Montessori Association
- Washington Council of School Attorneys
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association