As a former teacher and school district executive and general counsel, Tim Reynolds provides school administrators with practical and proactive counsel concerning employment, compliance, and other educational matters.
Tim Reynolds focuses his practice on representing public school districts. He assists clients in a variety of areas including labor and employment, employee investigations and discipline, collective bargaining, grievances and arbitration, special education, real estate transactions, school board policies and procedures, public records and open public meetings, constitutional issues, and student discipline.
Prior to joining Pacifica, Tim served as both Executive Director of Legal and Labor and Interim Chief Human Resources Officer at Kent School District. As Kent School District’s general counsel, Tim advised the district on all aspects of its operations. Prior to working at the Kent School District, Tim was an associate at a Seattle-based law firm with a practice focused on representing school districts and other municipal clients. Before attending law school, Tim taught high school biology in New York City Public Schools. He is passionate about providing school districts with the best service possible.
Tim enjoys photography, the outdoors, record collecting, and spending time with family and friends.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- University of Michigan, School of Natural Resources and Environment, B.S. with Distinction, Resource Ecology and Management (Peter C. Mertz Scholarship; SNRE Top Scholar; National Merit Scholar)
- Columbia University Teachers College, M.A., Science Education (Petrie Fellow)
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (Washington Law Review Associate Editor-in-Chief; Paul Ashley Memorial Law Review Scholarship; Peter Buck Grant)
- HELP Level II: human Resources Legal Writing, Human Resources in Education Leadership Program Fall Workshop, October 2016-2020
- Grievances and Arbitration, Human Resources in Education Leadership Summer Program, July 2017-2019
- Public Records Disclosure: A Practical Workshop, All-client training, May 2017–2018
- Public Records Act: Effectively Responding to Requests, Washington school Personnel Association Annual Conference, February, 2018
- Bargaining Law 201, Washington School Personnel Association Bargaining Skills Workshop, January 2017-2018
- Classified Supervisor Checklist: What Every Classified Supervisor Needs to Know, Washington School Personnel Association School Law Conference, October, 2017
- Bargaining Psychology, Washington School Personnel Association Bargaining Skills Workshop, January 2016-2017
- Managing School District Use of Social Media, Washington School Personnel Association School Law Conference, October, 2016
- Disclosure of Public Records, Human Resources in Education Leadership Summer Program, July 2015-2016
- Employee Onboarding: Completing the Hiring Process with Confidence, Washington School Personnel Association Region IV Meeting, May, 2016
- Public Records Act: Avoiding Common Pitfalls, Washington School Personnel Association Annual Conference, February, 2016
- Collective Bargaining in Washington Public Schools (co-presenter), Employee Relations and Negotiations Network Conference, January, 2016
- What’s Legal? Drug Testing Employees and Students, Washington school Personnel Association School Law Conference, October, 2015
- Washington Council of School Attorneys
- Washington School Personnel Association