Katherine has served as a pro bono attorney for the King County Bar Association’s Housing Justice Project and her current practice focuses on bonds for governmental issuers.
Katherine Van Gunst is an associate in Pacifica’s Public Finance group, where she focuses on tax-exempt general obligation and revenue bonds for governmental issuers, with a special focus on conduit bonds.
Prior to joining the firm, Katherine worked as a litigator in a large international firm and with boutique firms, where her practice centered on patent litigation in the pharmaceutical and technology sectors. She previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable David R. Thompson and as a judicial extern to the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown, both of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
When not practicing law, Katherine enjoys skiing and snowboarding, camping, and exploring the Pacific Northwest with her family.
- Gonzaga University, B.S., Biology, summa cum laude, B.A., French, summa cum laude (Senior Class Award; Robert & Claire McDonald Award for Distinction in Biology)
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (San Diego Law Review, Executive Editor; Order of the Coif)
- Comment, “A Place for Market Niche Trade and Service Marks Within Federal Dilution Law,” 47 San Diego Law Review 545 (2010)
- King County Bar Association Housing Justice Project, Pro Bono Attorney, 2018-2020
- King County Bar Association
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle