With experience in local government, including the King County Council and the City of Seattle Land Use Division, Shweta Jayawardhan represents clients in municipal, real estate and land use matters.
Shweta’s practice focuses on municipal, real estate, land use and commercial litigation. She has experience arguing motions, negotiating settlements and drafting pleadings.
Shweta also has prepared memoranda on issues including municipal liability, eminent domain, SEPA, GMA, and employment, and drafted contracts, inter-local agreements, ordinances and resolutions, and demand letters.
Before joining Pacifica, Shweta was an associate at a Seattle area firm practicing principally municipal law and real estate litigation. Prior to attending law school at the University of Washington, she worked in local government at the King County Council. During law school she externed with the Seattle City Attorney in the Land Use Division, and served as a judicial extern for Justice Mary Yu of the Washington State Supreme Court.
Shweta enjoys playing tennis, cooking, and hiking with her partner and dog.
- University of Washington, B.A., with honors
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (Washington Journal for Environmental Law & Policy, Managing Editor)
- Climate Finance and the Marshall Islands: Options for Adaptation, Policy Brief of the Marshall Islands Climate and Migration Project 1-20 (University of Hawaii at Manoa 2021), with Lauren Sancken and Brittany Wheeler
- Enforceability of a “Pay-if-Paid Clause”, 48 Washington, Constr. Law. 3 (Fall 2020)
- Vulnerability and Climate Change Induced Human Displacement, 17 Consilience: J. of Sustainable Dev. 103 (2017)
- Phinney Neighborhood Association, Board Member
- QLaw Association of Washington, Member