With a background in affordable housing, community development, and equity investment, Erik Jennings’ practice is focused on complex leasing, transactions, and real estate finance.
Erik Jennings is a real estate attorney who specializes in complex, large-scale real estate transactions. A proven, solution-oriented negotiator, Erik has extensive experience developing commercial lease agreements for office, retail, and industrial properties in Seattle, the greater Pacific Northwest, and California. He also regularly advises clients on the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties and real estate finance.
Erik is also experienced in affordable housing and community development, and represents public funders, housing authorities, and developers involved in the acquisition, rehabilitation, and operation of multifamily housing projects financed by tax-exempt bonds and federal tax credits.
Erik regularly counsels clients on current state and local legislation and emerging compliance matters, including building performance standards, emissions performance standards, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals, among other issues.
An experienced educator who is passionate about the intersection of real estate and climate solutions for the built environment, Erik teaches courses on the commercial real estate industry at the University of Washington College of Built Environment Runstad Department of Real Estate, and is dedicated to educating the real estate industry about clean building standards and related opportunities.
Prior to joining Pacifica, Erik worked as a commercial real estate associate with a large international law firm representing lenders and equity investors.
Outside of work, Erik is an avid Seattle Mariners fan, and in his free time enjoys cooking, competing in endurance sports, general aviation, and exploring the outdoors.
- University of Washington, B.A.
- College of William & Mary, J.D.
- BOMA – Commercial Buildings: Compliance with the State Clean Building Standard and City of Seattle Proposed Building Performance Standard, Energy Code, Financing and Leasing, March 2023
- Is Your Lease An Obstacle To Building Performance Requirements and ESG Goals?. Stok. June 21, 2023
- Energy Efficiency Mandates and Impacts to Leases for Existing Buildings: How Practitioners Can Proactively Manage a Changing Landscape, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section of the Washington Bar Association, July 2020
- The Continual Evolution of Prevailing Wage Law, July, 2011
- California Sun Sets on Redevelopment Agencies with Court Decision, February, 2012
- Coached running and triathlon charity team