Acting as Senior Counsel, Chris provides general counsel advice to school districts.
Chris joined Pacifica in January 2015 along with Denise Stiffarm and Carlos Chavez.
During his years in practice, Chris has focused on the area of education law. For over four decades, he represented a variety of public school districts and other public entities, both directly and indirectly through a major school district risk retention pool. He represented school districts in student-related disputes, public owners in construction disputes, and public employers in employment disputes. In addition, he represented public entities in various forms of administrative disputes and provided primary outside counsel advice to them.
In his current status of Senior Counsel, Chris now limits his practice to providing general counsel advice to school districts on mutually-agreeable issues. When not working, he especially enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, and engaging in outdoor activities.
- Washington State University, B.A., with honors
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America through 2021, and as Lawyer of the Year in Education in Seattle for 2014, 2016, and 2018
- Selected multiple years for inclusion among Washington Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Listed among Seattle’s top lawyers by Seattle Magazine