Partner Chris Hirst recently retired from Pacifica after devoting his practice to serving clients in education matters.
Chris Hirst joined Pacifica in January 2015 together with Denise Stiffarm and Carlos Chavez. He retired from the practice of law on April 30, 2020.
During his years in practice, Chris focused on the area of education law. For over four decades, he represented a variety of public school districts and other public entities, both directly and indirectly through a major school district risk retention pool. He represented school districts in student-related disputes, public owners in construction disputes, and public employers in employment disputes. In addition, he represented public entities in various forms of administrative disputes and provided primary outside counsel advice to them.
Chris now enjoys time with family. He plans to resume interactions with friends, traveling, exercising, and fishing when appropriate. He is also a red wine enthusiast.
- Washington State University, B.A., with honors
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America through 2021, and as Lawyer of the Year in Education in Seattle for 2014, 2016, and 2018
- Selected multiple years for inclusion among Washington Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Listed among Seattle’s top lawyers by Seattle Magazine