Pacifica serves as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, and underwriter’s counsel on financing education facilities for both K-12 and higher education clients.
School District Financing
We represent large and small school districts across the state, and regularly draft ballot language for bond levies and for enrichment and capital levies.
We serve as bond counsel and disclosure counsel in connection with all types of bond issues for school districts, including voted and non-voted obligations:
- limited and unlimited tax general obligation bonds,
- qualified school construction bonds,
- Build America Bonds,
- bond anticipation notes, and
- LOCAL financings and financing leases, whether publicly sold or privately placed.
We also serve as bond counsel to educational service districts.
Higher Education Facility Financings
In addition to a robust school district practice, Pacifica lawyers serve as bond counsel on public and private higher education facility financings, including financings for housing, food service and parking facilities, student recreation and athletic facilities, research facilities, and stadium and arena improvements. We serve as bond counsel to public universities throughout the Pacific Northwest, including:
- the University of Washington,
- the University of Oregon,
- Oregon State University, and
- Portland State University.
As counsel to the Washington Higher Education Facilities Authority, Pacifica has completed financings for 13 of the 14 private colleges and universities in Washington state, including:
- Gonzaga University,
- Seattle Pacific University,
- Cornish College,
- Bastyr University,
- Whitman College, and
- Pacific Lutheran University.
Through the state conduit issuer for nonprofit bonds, Pacifica attorneys also have served as bond counsel on financings for:
- Antioch University,
- Green River Community College,
- Henry Cogswell College,
- Perry Technical Institute,
- Spokane Community College,
- Whatcom Community College, and
- Edmonds Community College.