Bidding & Procurement
We advise and represent a wide variety of public and private clients in procurement and bidding issues on public projects. We have a deep understanding of the complex web of rules and regulations applicable to public procurement and bidding, including the general public works requirements, related prevailing wage requirements, public-entity-specific requirements and limitations (including the requirements applicable to counties, cities, school districts, port authorities, and special purpose districts), and Washington State Auditor findings and interpretations.
Our work in this area includes:
- Representing clients in evaluating, defending, and prosecuting challenges to public bidding procedures (i.e. bid protest matters).
- Assisting clients with drafting, developing, and revising procurement and public works policies, consistent with state laws, municipal ordinances, and agency objectives.
- Assisting clients with drafting and revising procurement documents, including requests for qualification (RFQs) and requests for proposals (RFPs) on both traditional Design-Bid-Build projects as well as Design-Build, Progressive Design-Build, General Contractor / Construction Manager (GC/CM) and Job Order contracts procured under ch. 39.10 RCW.
- Assisting and advising clients with respect to evaluation and approval of alternative delivery projects under ch. 39.10 RCW, including guidance on application to the Washington State Project Review Committee and procurement and selection of project delivery consultants.
- Assisting clients with evaluation and procurement of public-private projects, including projects funded by tax credits.
- Assisting clients with compliance with audit requirements associated with different procurement methodologies.
- Assisting clients with “piggybacking” issues and procurement using lead agency and/or cooperative purchasing collective contracts.
- Assisting with qualifications-based procurement of Architecture and/or Engineering contracts consistent with the requirements of ch. 39.80 RCW.
- Assisting clients with navigating new rules, regulations, and reporting requirements surrounding project labor agreements (PLAs), community workforce agreements (CWAs), Priority Hire agreements, and other project-based social equity agreements.