An experienced litigator with a background in government, Ian represents companies and individuals alike in matters ranging from intellectual property to constitutional law in state and federal court.
Ian Rogers represents companies and individuals in high-stakes disputes in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels across the country. Ian’s extensive experience ranges from matters involving trade secret, copyright, trademark, consumer protection, real estate, contract and constitutional law. Ian also regularly advises clients in connection with open records laws across the country.
Ian’s clients rely on him to brief and argue complex and time-sensitive issues in lower court and on appeal. In the last several years, for example, Ian has successfully obtained dismissal of fraud and breach of contract claims in state and federal court and won summary judgment dismissal and an award of attorneys’ fees in a high-profile copyright authorship dispute.
Prior to joining Pacifica Law Group, Ian spent ten years in the Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property practices at Perkins Coie LLP. Before law school, he worked in the United States House of Representatives and for the City of Portland, Oregon’s Office of Government Relations. In his free time, Ian enjoys cooking, reading, climbing and spending time with his family.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Carleton College, B.A., cum laude, Political Science/International Relations
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors
- Selected for inclusion in the “Ones to Watch” list in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Commercial Litigation Law; Intellectual Property Law, 2022-2023