Rachel Simon focuses her practice on advising School Districts on general counsel matters and special education.
Rachel Simon is an associate in Pacifica Law Group’s School Districts practice group, where she focuses her practice on general counsel matters for school districts and special education. She has experience defending clients in state and federal courts against legal malpractice claims involving a range of underlying subjects including contract disputes, estate matters, bankruptcy cases, and consumer protection actions. Rachel also has experience advising clients regarding adherence to employment agreements.
Prior to joining Pacifica, Rachel practiced at another Seattle law firm in its litigation team. During law school, she interned in the Domestic Violence Unit of the Seattle City Attorney’s Office, for the nonprofit Washington Civil & Disability Advocate, and for another Seattle law firm. Rachel also worked as a research assistant for a professor at the Seattle University School of Law, served as editor-in-chief of the Seattle Journal for Social Justice, and served as a board member for the Public Interest Law Foundation. Before attending law school, Rachel taught fifth grade at an independent school in Seattle and coached Ultimate Frisbee in Seattle Public Schools.
Rachel enjoys playing Ultimate Frisbee, cross country skiing, and spending time with family, friends, and her dog.
- Oberlin College, B.A., Politics, Concentration in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D. (Editor-in-Chief, Seattle Journal for Social Justice)
- Effectuating an Impartial Jury of One’s Peers: Why Washington Has More Work to Do to Achieve Peremptory Challenge Reform, 19 Seattle J. Soc. Just. 201 (2020)
- Oberlin College, Alumni Recruitment Network Volunteer
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Cardozo Society of Washington State